You’ve probably come across the “This Tweet may contain sensitive information” or “The following media may contain sensitive material” warnings on social media sites like Twitter. Specifically, it’s for tweets that include sensitive material such as violence or nudity.
Twitter, by default, bans any such material that may contain NSFW content and displays a warning next to it. You may choose whether or not to enable them to appear in your stream.
And now, if you want to disable the sensitive content warning on Twitter, But don’t know how to change sensitive content on Twitter.
In this article, you will get your answer on how to turn off sensitive content on Twitter, both on mobile and on a desktop computer. Read till the end, and you will have full knowledge of Twitter-sensitive content settings.
But before I start, I want to give you a bit of an idea about sensitive content which you can relate to your case.
According to Twitter, this warning label is in place because of potentially sensitive content such as violence or nudity. Put another way; Twitter is a more liberated social network than Facebook, where anything and anything is allowed to circulate freely.
The social media platform’s sensitive media policy forbids excessively graphic media, media depicting sexual violence, and illegal content but otherwise permits almost everything. The policy is available here.
The automatic restriction of tweets containing potentially sensitive content is enforced by default, with a notice that reads this media may include sensitive material, this profile may contain potentially sensitive content; in the case of individuals who do not currently have a Twitter account, you will need to create one and login into it before proceeding with the adjustments.
How To Turn Off Sensitive Content On Twitter
- Use your phone’s Twitter app to get started.
- The sidebar menu may be accessed by clicking your profile image at the upper left of the page.
- Select Privacy and security and then Settings and privacy.
- You may access the content by clicking on it.
- Display material that may include sensitive information may be enabled by turning on the toggle.
How To Remove Sensitive Content Block On Twitter
- Turning off the Sensitive Content warning in Twitter’s privacy settings is possible.
- Similarly, the same settings can be found in the same location in the Twitter Android app; however, they are not accessible in the Twitter iPhone and iPad apps.
- If you adjust on the web, the Twitter iPhone and iPad applications, on the other hand, will display sensitive material without providing you with any warnings.
- Visit the Twitter website and click the “More” button, symbolized by three dots in a circle, located on the left side of the screen.
- It will turn off the warning message. Then, pick the “Settings and Privacy” option from the pop-up menu.
- Then pick “Content You See” from the drop-down menu on the left, which will bring up a selection of alternatives.
- To turn off the warning for tweets, go to the top of the page and select the checkbox next to “Display Media That May Contain Sensitive Content.”
How To Change Your Privacy And Safety Settings On Twitter
- Click on your profile symbol in the top left navigation bar to access your information.
- Select Privacy and Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select privacy and security from the drop-down menu.
- Toggle button next to Mark media you tweet as having content that may be sensitive under the Safety section under security.
How To Allow Sensitive Content On Twitter
- Twitter, by default, blocks search results for information that is considered sensitive. Using the procedures listed below, you may make these tweets searchable.
- Use your PC to access Twitter’s web interface.
- Click on Settings and privacy >
- Privacy and safety > Content you view to access the content you’re seeing.
- Select Search Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Hide Sensitive Content may be unchecked in the box above.
- Using the Twitter mobile app, you can do the same thing on your Android phone. On the other hand, iOS does not presently have the option.
Remove Sensitive Content Label From Your Tweets
- By default, Twitter hides search results for content that it deems delicate or personal. These tweets may be easily searched for by following the steps outlined in the following paragraphs.
- Twitter’s web interface may be accessed using a PC.
- Go to Settings & privacy > Privacy and safety > Content you see to check what you’re viewing.
- Navigate to the drop-down menu and choose Search Preferences.
- In the box above, Hide Sensitive Content may be unchecked.
- On your Android phone, you can accomplish the same thing by downloading the Twitter app. iOS, on the other hand, cannot yet accomplish this.
- Then, choose Your Tweets from the drop-down menu.
- Don’t mark your tweets with sensitive content.
- On Twitter’s mobile app, you can do the same thing. However, the iOS version does not currently include the option.
Keep the setting enabled if you often upload material that contains sensitive topics. Your Twitter account might be permanently disabled if you don’t comply.
Why Can’t I See Sensitive Content On Twitter?
Twitter’s “Display media that may contain sensitive material” option is disabled, so you won’t be able to view any private information.
They will be marked as sensitive by users who publish NSFW material.No Twitter sensitive content 2022 iPhone settings.
If you see that the Twitter-sensitive content setting is not working 2022 iPhone, then follow the below steps.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Tap security and privacy.
- Mark media you tweet as having content that may be sensitive by toggling the button next to it in the Safety section.
Turning on sensitive information on Twitter for iOS is a little tricky.
Go to the top-left navigation menu icon and choose Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu that appears. Step 2: From the drop-down option, choose Privacy and security settings. “Display media that may include sensitive information” may be found in the Safety section. To the right of it, move the corresponding bar.
Content On This Account May Be Inappropriate For Certain Users.
It can be that this account might include sensitive content. And because of that, the option for “Display media that may include sensitive information” has been disabled on Twitter, you will not be able to view any sensitive content. The service will mark users’ tweets who upload NSFW information on Twitter as “sensitive.
How Do I Change The Sensitivity To View Content On Twitter?
To know how to change sensitive content on Twitter, please select
- Privacy and Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select privacy and security from the drop-down menu.
- Click the button next to Mark media you tweet as having content that may be sensitive under the Safety section under security.
How Do You Turn Off Sensitivity On Twitter App?
- In the upper left navigation bar, click the symbol.
- Select the privacy and settings option.
- From the drop-down box, choose your privacy and security settings.
- Select Mark media you tweet as having potentially sensitive content from the Safety section and
- Make the button blue.
What Happens If I Don’t Alter My Media Settings And I Upload Anything That Is Sensitive?
If one of your Tweets containing media is flagged as potentially sensitive, it will be sent to Twitter for evaluation and consideration. If we discover that the material was not designated as potentially sensitive at the time of upload, we will take the following action:
We may classify the material as potentially sensitive, or in the case of live video, we may decide to remove the content completely from the site.
We may also update your account settings to indicate that any media you tweet contains content that may be considered sensitive so that subsequent tweets will be labeled as appropriate.
The media settings for your account will be accessible via the account settings page, albeit this picture, as well as any other photographs that have been categorized as potentially sensitive, will stay identified as such.
If you continue to submit material that has been incorrectly classified, we may:
Make a note on your media that it contains potentially sensitive information.
Activate the Mark media you Tweet as having potentially sensitive information option in your account settings so that your future postings will have a warning notice that people must click through to see your media.
Twitter may also utilize automated approaches to find and label potentially sensitive material, as well as to discover and label accounts that regularly tweet potentially sensitive media. This is in addition to manual procedures.
Is It Possible To Challenge AJudgment Made By Twitter?
If your account has been suspended because your profile picture or header image contains graphic violence or adult material, you may appeal the decision by signing into your account and filing an appeal here.
According to the most recent information available, there is presently no method to challenge a decision by Twitter that permanently alters your account option to Mark media you Tweet as having material that may be sensitive in response to frequent mislabeling of sensitive content.
Users have the option to flag their tweets as NSFW if they feel that the material they are sharing is inappropriate for general consumption. If you wish to view sensitive material, you must select the box next to “Display media that may contain sensitive content” in the “Content you see” section of the “Content you see” settings.
This will also completely eliminate the “This Tweet may contain sensitive material” problem message from appearing. If, on the other hand, you do not want to see sensitive material, you must uncheck the box instead. Hopefully, you can now able to change the settings of Twitter-sensitive content settings.
Read Also:-What Does The Hourglass On Snapchat Mean