Facebook uses a default font size to display letters. But sometimes it becomes problematic for some users as they cannot see properly what is written on their wall.
Sometimes Facebook default font size falls a little short to be visible for some users. They need a bigger font to read properly on Facebook.
In this case, the question that comes immediately is, how to change font size in the Facebook posts? In this article, I’ll discuss fonts and their size and how to modify them on your Facebook account.
But before proceeding more to the article, let’s see what else you are going to know here.
- How To Change Font Size In Facebook Post
- Why Are Some Facebook Posts Big
- How To Change Font Size And Color In Facebook Post On Iphone
- How To Change Font In Facebook Post In Android
- How To Change Font Size On Facebook On Computer
So, let’s start!
Also Read: Instagram Story Dimensions
How To Change Font Size In Facebook Post
Facebook has updated the font management in Facebook status font-size silently a few years ago. Before this update, all the statuses you used to post used to come in the same font size.
But after the update, now if you post a status that has less than 35 characters, it will automatically become a post that will have a large font on Facebook.
But if you want to change the font size of the longer posts too, there is also a way to do it.
You can access Facebook from several devices like Tablets, Android or iOS smartphones, PCs, etc. And each of the devices has a different process to increase or decrease the font size of the Facebook posts.
So let me tell you the procedure of how to change the font size on Facebook status for each of the devices.
How To Change Font Size And Color In Facebook Post On iPhone
iPhone users can easily change the font size and the color of the font on Facebook by following some very simple methods. Let me state the method below.
You can follow these steps to increase or decrease the font size and change the color of the fonts in your iPads too.
Change The Font Size
- At first, come to the home screen of the phone.
- Tap the setting icon. It is the grey colored gear icon.
- Among the options, select Display & Brightness.
- Next, select the option Text Size.
- Drag the slider to adjust the font size you want to have.
- Restart Facebook to complete resetting the font size.
Change The Font Color
For this, you do not have to spend even five seconds. Just tap on “What’s on your mind?” on your Facebook wall. Then choose a gradient or a color from the given list of colors and gradients as the background of your status.
Facebook will automatically change the color of the fonts according to the background you choose.
As a new update, some specific words now are appearing in some specific colors, along with some visual effects too. Some of the words are Congratulations, Xoxo, etc.
How To Change Font In Facebook Post In Android
If you are using an Android smartphone, or an Android tablet, you can follow the below-mentioned steps if you want to change the font size in Facebook posts.
- Open Settings. Click the grey colored gear icon from the home screen of your mobile.
- Choose Display from the given list of the settings.
- Then, select Advanced in the list.
- Now you should be able to see the Font Size tab. Tap it to open.
- Drag the slide to adjust the font size and make it the size you like.
- Close settings.
- Restart Facebook.
N.B. – If you change the font size in your Android device, the change will start appearing on other applications too.
How To Change Font Size On Facebook On Computer
If you are using Facebook from your desktop, or laptop, and you are not happy with the font size and want to change it, then there is a most simple and effective method you have to follow to fulfill your wish.
- Open the internet browser from your computer.
- Type www.facebook.com in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Give your username and password to login to your Facebook account.
- Once your Facebook account opens in the browser window, just press and hold the Ctrl button and start pressing the = button to increase the font size, or the – button to decrease the font size. Or as an alternative option, you can use the scroll button of the mouse too to adjust the font size in Facebook.
Why Are Some Facebook Posts Big
You might have seen that some posts are appearing in larger fonts even when you have not changed the font size from your device. You might wonder how this is happening. Well, this is nothing but a silent update from the developers of Facebook.
If you want to post a status, and if it has less than 35 characters, it will automatically appear in larger fonts than other wider or longer posts.
Facebook tells that this is their way to make the short status posts stand out among the longer and wider posts, though when this feature was released, some users used to get confused as they did not know about the update.
Some of the users even used to think that it is the fault of their device. But later, as time passed by, people understand it and now are enjoying this feature of Facebook.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Make Text Larger On Facebook Posts?
You have to log in to your Facebook account by using your username and password, and then press and hold the Ctrl button and then press the = button to increase the font size, or the – button to decrease the font size according to your liking.
- How Do I Reduce The Font Size In A Facebook Post?
Login to your Facebook account, press the Ctrl button, and while holding this button, press the – button to reduce the font size until you get the desired font size.
- Why Is The Font So Large On My Facebook Posts?
Facebook has made an update silently. If your post is less than 35 characters, it will appear on the wall in larger fonts.
Facebook announced it as the move to stand out among the wider and longer posts, though some users are getting confused, or even offended by this upgradation.
To Sum It Up
I hope now all your queries related to the font size of the Facebook posts have been quenched by this article. I hope you are now able to understand the font control in Facebook much better and able to change the font size anytime.
Do get back to this site to know about more interesting facts like this. All the best!