Commenting on Facebook posts is an excellent and cool feature. People from all over the world can have the opportunity to express their views on various subjects by how do you turn off comments on facebook.
Besides, by commenting on several Facebook posts, you can review a product, movie, or something you have experienced recently.
But, this feature of social media like Facebook can be harassing to someone or some community. As Facebook allows people to comment on anyone’s post, sometimes it becomes irritating and disturbing. Some people feel verbally abused by some particular comments.
So, at this point, you might think to turn off the comment section on Facebook. But, how do you turn off comments on Facebook? In this tech article, you will learn how to turn off comments on a Facebook post.
Let’s find out.
Methods To Disable Comments On A Facebook Post
Can you disable comments on a Facebook post? It is a fact that you will not want a stranger to comment randomly on your posts on Facebook. Everyone including you wants Facebook privacy.
Now the question is: can you turn off comments on Facebook? If yes, then the next question is: how do I turn off comments on a Facebook post?
Unluckily, there is no such feature on Facebook by which you can completely turn off comments on Facebook. What you can do is that you can restrict your comments on Facebook to a limited group of people.
Here are the ways which will help you to restrict your comments on a Facebook post.
- At first, you need to log in to your Facebook account with chrome browser.
- Now, you should go to the Home page of Facebook and then choose the down arrow. It will be viewed at the top right corner of the home page.
- After that, you need to find out ‘Settings’ option and select it.
- You will see a side menu on the left of the next page. Here you can see an option ‘Public Posts’. Select it.
- After that, choose ‘Public Post Comments’.
- A drop down mane can be seen and you need to choose ‘Friends’ from here.
- Thus your comments are restricted to a limited people.
So, if you are thinking: how do I disable comments on a Facebook post? The answer is no. you can’t disable completely from a Facebook post. But you can control it and keep it within your friends.
Can I Deactivate Comments On A Facebook Page Post?
However, there is good news for the owners of the Facebook page. If you are a Facebook page owner and thinking if there is any way by which anyone can see no comments on Facebook, you can do it by deactivating the comment.
- Open the Facebook page you own.
- Now, you need to go to the post on which you want to deactivate the comments.
- Choose the 3 vertical dots that you find out in the top-right corner of the post.
- At last, you have to choose the option ‘Turn off Commenting’.
That’s it. Your comments are now deactivated successfully.
Ways To Hide Comments On Facebook
You can hide comments on Facebook in some super simple ways. There may be some comments that you feel very ridiculous and therefore you do not want to show them to anyone.
For resolving this issue, you can use the hide comment feature on Facebook.
- Open the Facebook post and find out the comment that you want to hide.
- Now, you have to select the comment and hold it for a while.
- A list will be appeared and you have to choose the option ‘Hide’.
Now, that comment will not appear on that post anymore and none can see it.
How To Turn Off Reviews On Facebook
- Open the ‘settings’ of the Facebook Page.
- Move to the Edit page.
- Find out ‘Review’ option.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Click ‘Turn off Review’.
- Save the changes.
Can You Turn Off Commenting On A Facebook Post?
Turning off commenting on a Facebook post is super easy.
- Open the Facebook post on which you want to turn off comments.
- Go to the 3 dots which is at the top right corner of that post. Select the dots.
- A pop up menu will be seen. Choose turn off commenting.
How Do I Disable Comments On My Facebook Profile?
Well, Facebook does not allow you to disable the comment totally. But you can restrict the comments only within your friends. Follow the steps to know how to adjust the privacy.
- Open your Facebook profile.
- Find out the drop down menu. It will be seen in the top right section. Choose ‘Settings and Privacy’ after choosing Setting from drop down arrow.
- From this section, you can manage your privacy settings.
How Do I Disable Comments On A Post?
- Find out the post on which you want to disable comment after logging in to your account on Facebook.
- Go to the 3 dots at the top right section of that particular post and click on the dots.
- You will see a pop-up menu. From there, find out the option ‘Turn off Commenting’.
Comments will be turned off from now on that post.
To Sum It Up
Facebook work like the feedbacks on a post. Sometimes, there might be comments that you find disturbing or irritating. Disabling the comment section from the post can be way better to get rid of this situation. You can protect your privacy by turning the comment section off on a social media like Facebook.