Instagram Story dimensions With its picture and video sharing features, Instagram continues to change the social media world. Instagram’s introduction of the story element was a huge success and continues to be quite relevant with all of the new features being launched.
With Instagram stories, you can constantly update your followers on what you’re up to. Instagram stories allow you to share a short video or vertical picture that will vanish after 24 hours. You can monitor who watches your Instagram stories and even feature them on the top of your Instagram profile as an IG story highlight.
We see an increase in the use of Instagram stories by companies, and we’re here to teach you the optimal Instagram story size to ensure that your videos and photos display correctly on the app.
Do You Know The Instagram Story Size?
Instagram story dimensions In this article, you’ll discover what to know about Instagram landscape dimensions. And if you stay around, you’ll get to know about 18 Instagram Story ideas from prominent companies who are crushing it.
What Is Instagram Story Size?
The Instagram story dimensions are 1080px by 1920px, which is a 9:16 aspect ratio. It implies that your Instagram story video or picture must be 1080 pixels wide by 1920 pixels tall.
What Are The Benefits Of Having These Instagram Story Dimensions?
If you shoot a portrait picture or video using your smartphone, it will fit precisely within the Instagram Story specifications of 1080px by 1920px. However, the Story Creator on Instagram and the capabilities of your phone are limited.
Suppose you want to utilize a tool like Photoshop or Illustrator to make more professional photos or films. In that case, you’ll need to use the exact Instagram Story dimensions because Instagram isn’t one to screw around.
If you upload a picture or video from your camera roll that doesn’t suit the Instagram story resolution, it will be cropped, and part of your visuals will be gone. Alternatively, Instagram may zoom in on your material, resulting in a low-quality image.
What Happens If the Image Size Of Your Instagram Story Is Incorrect?
- Instagram will crop and zoom in on your photos and videos automatically (not a cute look)
- The quality of the app will be lowered (i.e., the hot pixelated mess you want to avoid)
- The picture will not take up all of the available screen real estates.
- Make sure your content is the correct size so that your design isn’t distorted or deformed in any manner.
What Is The Instagram Story Ratio?
On Instagram Stories, you may post pretty much anything as long as it has a minimum aspect ratio of 1.91:1 and a maximum aspect ratio of 9:16. We suggest selecting an Instagram story ratio of 9:16 with a size of 1080px by 1920px since most people want their tales to fill the whole screen (no borders).
What Is The Ideal Instagram Story Size?
IG story size has a width of 1080 pixels and a height of 1920 pixels (1080 x 1920, or 1080p resolution). A 9:16 aspect ratio is recommended for your Instagram Story. The minimum video width is 500 pixels, the maximum video duration is 15 seconds, and video file formats MP4, MOV, and GIF are all acceptable.
Why Is The Quality Of My Instagram Stories So Poor?
When the articles aren’t correctly loaded, they may seem fuzzy or won’t show at all. Instagram stories that you submit might also appear pixelated if you have a weak internet connection. When you capture a video, the app will automatically lower the quality to upload it automatically.
What Is the Best Way To Upload 16:9 On Instagram?
- You’ll need to modify the crop if you want a 16:9 aspect ratio like the one in the right picture.
- To adjust the aspect ratio to 16:9, use the Crop button.
- The blue arrow should be pressed.
- If you like, you may apply a filter, alter the cover picture, and silence the video.
- The blue arrow should be pressed.
- Send us a Direct message or with a caption, hashtag, or location.
What Will be Your Instagram Story Video Size?
The Instagram story video size should be in MP4 format, and the dimensions of your IGTV video should be 1080 x 1920 pixels or an aspect ratio of 9:16, which is the same as the dimensions of an Instagram story.
What’s the best way to get a full photo on Instagram?
- Start by going to Instagram.
- To create a new post, choose Add Post (a square with a plus sign)
- To submit a picture or video, first select the one you want to use.
- In the bottom left corner of the picture display, tap the full-size button (it looks like two corners).
- By pinching to zoom in and out, you may further modify the photo’s cropping.
What Is The Instagram Crop Size?
If you submit a picture that does not fit into one of Instagram’s allowed aspect ratios, it will be cropped automatically. When you submit a small, low-resolution photo to the service, Instagram crop size will extend to a width of 320 pixels, which may crop it.
What are The Instagram portrait Dimensions?
When you share a picture with a width of 320 pixels or more, we maintain it in its original quality as long as the Instagram portrait dimensions are between 1.91:1 and 4:5. (a height between 566 and 1350 pixels with a width of 1080 pixels).
What Are The Instagram Photograph Dimensions?
Instagram posts are available in three formats: square, landscape, and vertical. In the stream, all photographs will be trimmed to fit into a square. 1080px by 1080px with a 1:1 aspect ratio is the optimal size for square posts. Use an image that is 1080px by 566px with a 1.91:1 is the Instagram landscape dimensions.
What Is The IGTV Thumbnail Size?
IGTV thumbnail size is 161 x 161 pixels. Thumbnail photos show whether you visit a profile on a computer or a mobile device. Instagram produces a thumbnail picture on your profile for every post, whether it’s a video or a picture. On the thumbnail pictures, there is no possibility to adjust the size or ratio.
What Is IGTV Cover?
Users may sample the IGTV channel using IGTV Cover Photos, which are smaller thumbnails. IGTV Cover Photos are presented in a scrollable wall of media. They include the title of the video content and the user, making the quality of the cover picture incredibly vital for encouraging people to see the content.
What Are The Options For Editing My IGTV Preview?
If you’ve opted to publish a preview, you may edit the appearance of your IGTV cover picture on your profile grid by tapping Edit Profile Cover. You may also hit Edit Preview to change how your IGTV video is shown in the feed. This option is only available if your movie is more extended than 9:16). If the aspect ratio is 16:9, your video will be shown in its entirety.
Why Should You Be Concerned About Instagram Stories?
You may use the Instagram story feature to publish pictures, videos, or boomerangs that will be displayed for up to 24 hours before disappearing.
The following are the important reasons why companies should use Instagram stories:
- A user base that is active and engaged. This Instagram feature has the most significant interaction rate of any social media site, so it’s a necessity to interact with your followers on a more personal level.
- New and innovative concepts are put to the test. Because tales are removed after 24 hours, you can be as creative as you want and try various ideas to find what works best for your audience.
- Furthermore, using a banner creation tool like Creatopy makes producing graphics or animated content more straightforward than ever.
- Play around with your surroundings. What makes Instagram Stories so appealing is that it includes various tools for you to experiment with, like stickers, sketching skills, augmented reality filters, and more. These will assist you in making the story stand out even more.
- Enhance the capacity to find information. You may increase the likelihood of your account being seen by others by using Instagram hashtags, which are clickable. It implies that the appropriate hashtag may place you in front of the right audience, even if they weren’t previously acquainted with you.
What Content Should be Shared On Instagram Stories?
Because so many companies are using Instagram stories these days, you’ll need to produce great content that stands out and keeps your followers coming back for more.
Here are some suggestions for you to consider
- Promotions and discounts You can undoubtedly utilize Instagram to promote your business if you’re selling things or providing services. You may also experiment with this to discover how many of your followers only use Insta Stories to access your promos.
- You may do this by providing them with a unique discount code to use. Target utilized a simple Insta story photograph for advertising a discount they were holding, as you can see in the picture below.
- Encourage others to visit the website. Your blog articles, or any other sites for that matter, need as much traffic as possible, which is why you should use all of the channels and strategies available to you, including Instagram Stories.
- You may promote a blog post by adding the Swipe Up button to a frame if your Instagram business account has more than 10,000 followers. Adding a block of text to urge users to take action is perfect. Buffer employed this strategy to promote a podcast published on their blog, as seen in the image below.
- Behind-the-scenes footage is shown. Because it humanizes your brand, behind-the-scenes information may be incredibly engaging to your fans. People who like and follow a brand through social media are frequently curious about the steps involved in developing a product, arranging an event, shooting for a magazine feature, or just displaying the business culture.
- You may say many intriguing things while you’re working on something, or you may release the behind-the-scenes once the project is completed, depending on your company’s profile. As seen in the picture below, Sephora employed this strategy to demonstrate the steps involved in preparing a cosmetics lesson and how the setup appears.
- Content that users have contributed. People are more likely to create and share content about the brands they care about, whether it’s a product or a location. It is why you should use the power of this sort of material to your advantage. It’s genuine, one-of-a-kind, and relatable to your target demographic.
- Encourage your fans to write about your company and tag you in their posts so you may repost it on your Stories later. You can see how a coffee business has included user-generated content (UGC) into their Instagram marketing plan in the screenshot below. Isn’t the image so inviting that it nearly makes you want to rush over to this location and get some excellent coffee?
- Make instructional videos. Tutorials are an excellent approach to provide instructional material in a digestible format. You may make how-to films that centre around the things you’re selling or are related to your sector for this aim.
- Makeup tutorials, product demos, food films, editing techniques, bridesmaid style ideas, and so on are all possibilities. In the image, see how GoPro used video to promote instructional materials while also displaying something valuable to consumers who own the GoPro 7 Hero Black model.
- Participate in your audience. Even although Instagram Stories is already one of the most engaging platforms, you must urge your followers to connect with you.
- Fortunately, Instagram has various entertaining tools, such as polls, questions, and quizzes, with which you may experiment. These tools may be used to increase interaction, get an opinion from your followers on specific subjects, and accept queries or responses to your articles.
- In the image below, you can see how Hubspot incorporates the quiz function into one of its articles as a paid advertisement. Because of the high engagement rates on Instagram Stories, it’s a beautiful place to run advertising and reach a broader audience.
- Users will see Instagram Tales Ads while scrolling through their stories. Thus this is a terrific way to get new followers.
- It’s ideal to narrow down the information about the target demographic you want to reach before creating a Story Ad, which will often include location, gender, age, hobbies, and behaviour. The specifications for an Instagram Story Ad are the same as for a regular story. Look at the screenshot below to check whether there is a Sponsored Story on the screen.
There’s no precise recipe for the sort of material to publish on Instagram Stories. The greatest thing you can do is try with all the many options I presented in today’s post and find what works best for you.
Regardless, you shouldn’t ignore the correct Instagram story size, so your posts are published in the finest possible quality.
At the same time, producing material for IG Stories shouldn’t be a problem, therefore utilizing an online design tool like Creatopy’s Instagram story generator will make this process easy and smooth.
Instagram Stories is personal than Instagram feed. Show your individuality, and don’t be afraid to be innovative and try new things.
Then, based on your audience’s response, you might further investigate or discard the notion. And while creating material to post using a camera roll, don’t forget to utilize the proper Instagram story resolution.
ALSO READ: Know-How To See My Google